Imagination Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Imagination Guild

Forum Imagination for guild members

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !

Go down 
+11
BelgianGus
YouCantSeeMe
gthibault
mat91
DarkoZ
ZoL
MoOMoOf
Tds
titix
Stx
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tds

Tds

Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 10:09 am

DarkoZ wrote:
Tds wrote:

waccom graphic bamboo

CHINESE

chi-hue pue tinzin

ok?????

acom Graphics Tablet (Intuos GD-0405R)

The Wacom graphics tablet is a stylus and tablet device that works as a substitute for a standard computer mouse. The tablet allows you more precise and natural movement of the mouse cursor, using a pen/stylus tool. Many graphic designers prefer graphics tablets because they like the freedom of movement, and they can use the stylus more like a real pen or paintbrush.

This guide will show you how to install the Wacom graphics tablet on a Windows computer and it will give a basic overview in the basic functions of the tablet.

* Installing the tablet system
* Basic operation of the tablet system

Installing the Tablet

Installing the tablet on a Windows computer is a two step process. First, you must physically attach the tablet to the computer. Second, you must install the tablet's software.

What you will need to get started

Before you get started, first make sure you have all the parts. You will need:

* Wacom graphcs tablet
* Stylus (pen)
* Power Supply
* Installation software (You can get this installation program from the Gelardin Center with the tablet, or you can download it from the Wacom web site.)

Attaching the Tablet to the computer.

The Wacom graphics tablet operates on a serial interface. To begin, simply plug the serial cable attached to the tablet into one of the two serial ports in the back of your computer. These ports should be labeled "Serial 1"/"Serial 2", "Com 1"/"Com 2", or something similar. On the serial cable terminal (the end of the cable that attaches to the computer) you will see a socket for the power supply. You must plug the Wacom power supply into this socket and plug the power supply into a wall outlet to power the tablet. The tablet will not draw power from the computer and will not work without the included power supply.

Re-boot the computer before installing the software

Installing the Wacom driver software

Now that the tablet is attached to the computer, you can install the driver software to complete the installation of the tablet system. If the computer automatically detects the tablet when you re-boot the computer, cancel the Windows installation utility and run the Wacom installation program. If you were provided with an installation disc, you can simply run the "WSetup.exe" file from that disc. If you were not provided with a disc, you can download the drivers from the Wacom web site, and follow the instructions provided by Wacom.

Run the Wacom installation program and follow the instructions in the installation program. When the installation program is finished, the Wacom Graphics tablet is ready for use.

Basic Operation of the tablet system

To begin, place the tablet in front of you. The red light at the top of the tablet should be on, indicating that the tablet is powered on and operating. If this light is not on, go back through the installation procedure or contact Gelardin Center staff.

The tabet system works by touching the stylus to the tablet, hovering the stylus over the tablet and by moving the stylus while touching or hovering over the tablet. You should first familiarize yourself with the parts of the pen/stylus and the tablet.

The stylus has three parts:

* The tip (the small white piece at one end of the stylus)
* The ereaser (the grey, rounded piece at the other end of the stylus)
* The button (the grey, two position button on the side of the stylus, near the tip)

The tablet has one piece but has several areas where the stylus can make contact:

* Tablet area (the large blue rectangle in the middle of the tablet)
* Function buttons (the eleven buttons arranged in a row above the tablet area)

Pick up the stylus like a pen. Point the tip at the tablet area, close to the tablet, but not touching it. You will see that as you move the stylus around the tablet area, the mouse cursor on the screen will move. The tablet area represents the computer screen and the position of the stylus on the tablet area should correspond to the position of the mouse cursor on the screen. If you tap the stylus tip to the tablet area, this is the same as clicking the left mouse button. If you hold the stylus touching the tablet area, this is the same as holding down the left mouse button. If you move the stylus with the tip touching the tablet, this is like moving the mouse with the left button held down. This will allow you to drag, and is very helpful in drawing in Photoshop or other graphics programs.

The first nine function buttons serve as shortcut keys. If you touch the stylus tip to one of these buttons, the computer will perform that operation within the active program. This saves you the trouble of navigating the program's file menus for some of the more basic program fucntions. The last two function buttons allow you to toggle between pen mode and mouse mode. These two modes are very similar. The main difference is in the tracking speed. In mouse mode, the mouse cursor tracking speed is much close to that of the mouse. In pen mode, the tracking speed is slower, allowing you more precise movements. In most cases, it is best to stay in the pen mode, which is the default mode.

The button on the stylus allows you to use alternate mouse button functions. This button clicks in two positions. If you click the button in the position closest to the tip, it is the same as right-clicking the mouse. Clicking the button in the opposite position (towards the eraser) is a double-click.

Finally, the eraser point on the stylus works like the eraser on a pencil. It only works in programs that have eraser tools, like Photoshop. Simply touch the eraser point to the tablet to use the eraser tool in Photoshop. If you use the eraser point in a program without an eraser tool, the system will work as if you were using the tip end of the stylus.

Using the Wacom Graphics tablet in Photoshop

The graphics tablet system is very useful in graphic design programs like Photoshop and Illustrator. It does not offer much benefit in other programs and is not a reasonable replacement for a mouse. The tablet system does not replace the mouse and you can always go back to the mouse, by setting down the stylus and moving the mouse. Using the tablet system in Photoshop takes some practice to get used to. After some practice, you will probably find it much easier to use most of the tools in Photoshop. You will be able to draw free-hand using the paintbrush tool, the pencil tool, and many others. You will be able to erase with much more precision than with a mouse. You may find that the free-hand design lends itself to greater control in most of the Photoshop editing tools. For advice on how to use the free-hand design of the Wacom graphics tablet to your benefit, feel free to talk to ask the Gelardin Center Staff.
Back to top Go down
BelgianGus

BelgianGus

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 10:37 am

DarkoZ wrote:
Tds wrote:
paint shop pro^^? cause in paint we cant do border on text if i remind fine and btw the "character" was rendered? and not selfdrawn?

hi-i-wanna-win-at-any-cost

j/k ^^

btw, look for some vids of drawings made with paint on google / you tube, i saw one of a car, it was amazing

http://www.koreus.com/video/howto-draw-car-mspaint-2.html

its drawn with a pencil linked to computer imo, right?

oO, nice one
Back to top Go down
mat91

mat91

Number of posts : 966
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 10:55 am

Quote :
http://www.koreus.com/video/howto-draw-car-mspaint-2.html

--> izi ^^
Back to top Go down
DarkoZ

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 11:45 am

Tds wrote:
DarkoZ wrote:
Tds wrote:

waccom graphic bamboo

CHINESE

chi-hue pue tinzin

ok?????

acom Graphics Tablet (Intuos GD-0405R)

*much anooying stuff*

that doesnt explain the waccom graphic 'bamboo' though :>

cherry
Back to top Go down
ShapeShifter

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 12:46 pm

Sexy Abstract sig. I know.

Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 Imaginationcopyud8
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Tds wrote:
paint shop pro^^? cause in paint we cant do border on text if i remind fine and btw the "character" was rendered? and not selfdrawn?

i only used normal MS paint or whatever its called Razz

i wrote the text with the ABC botton and then added the color around letters by hand with pencil ^^
Back to top Go down
spitounet

spitounet

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 2:45 pm

here is my try !

Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 Sigimaghy7
Back to top Go down
BelgianGus

BelgianGus

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 11:07 am

spitounet wrote:
here is my try !

LOL
n1 ^^
best so far imo
Back to top Go down
Tds

Tds

Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 11:10 am

BelgianGus wrote:
spitounet wrote:
here is my try !

LOL
n1 ^^
best so far imo

vouch , but lot of time wasted imo^^ but rox^^
Back to top Go down
gthibault

gthibault

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 11:24 am

who is leading?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 12:07 pm

gthibault wrote:
who is leading?

he told me there would be a vote when its closed, so all members can vote.. and you cant tell who is leading Razz
Back to top Go down
Stx
Admin
Admin
Stx

Number of posts : 1957

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 12:58 pm

Insane one Spitounet. xD

ShapeShifter wrote:
Sexy Abstract sig. I know.

Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 Imaginationcopyud8

lol ^^

540 wrote:
gthibault wrote:
who is leading?

he told me there would be a vote when its closed, so all members can vote.. and you cant tell who is leading Razz

Exact. =)
Back to top Go down
https://imagination.all-up.com
YouCantSeeMe

YouCantSeeMe

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 6:34 am

540 wrote:
gthibault wrote:
who is leading?

bad idea :/ if i can vote for myself, its sux..
Back to top Go down
Stx
Admin
Admin
Stx

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 8:10 am

YouCantSeeMe wrote:
540 wrote:
gthibault wrote:
who is leading?

There is no other way to have a winner anyway imo.

Last edited by on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mat91

mat91

Number of posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 9:17 am

Stx wrote:
YouCantSeeMe wrote:
540 wrote:
gthibault wrote:
who is leading?

so all member can vote, but not for their personnal sig ...

-> i vote for titix one ^^
Back to top Go down
YouCantSeeMe

YouCantSeeMe

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 5:02 am

I vote for spitounet Smile
Back to top Go down
BelgianGus

BelgianGus

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 5:49 am

YouCantSeeMe wrote:
I vote for spitounet Smile

same here ^^
Back to top Go down
MoOMoOf

MoOMoOf

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 6:35 am

mat91 wrote:
Stx wrote:
YouCantSeeMe wrote:
540 wrote:
gthibault wrote:
who is leading?

so all member can vote, but not for their personnal sig ...

-> i vote for titix one ^^

vouch gozu one !!
Back to top Go down
titix

titix

Number of posts : 237

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 11:04 am

ALL CRAPPY !! MINE is gozu no :( ?
Back to top Go down
Stone[Wolf]

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 11:36 am

look at this gosu one i found @ jsp :O
mine's coming soon ^^
Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 Terazhn5
Back to top Go down
Stx
Admin
Admin
Stx

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 12:43 pm

Stone[Wolf] wrote:
mine's coming soon ^^

^^
but you have to do ALL with paint. :p
It's not allowed to insert a pic in the sig. ^___^
Back to top Go down
Fdp (aka Adi aka Pro)

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 11:39 am

Stone[Wolf] wrote:
mine's coming soon ^^

nothing painted xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 2:37 am

vote starts today?

will you make a new voting topic or do we vote here?
Back to top Go down
Stx
Admin
Admin
Stx

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 3:07 am

540 wrote:
vote starts today?

I will make a topic this evening. :>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 2:48 am

Stx wrote:
540 wrote:
vote starts today?

I will make a topic this evening. :>

who won?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !   Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Make the best paint'ed sig and win 20 fg !
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2